1. In the Garden of the Beasts: Love, Terror and an American Family in Hitler's Berlin by Erik Larson. I could not put this book down and read it over a weekend. A great story well written.
2. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak. I chose this one to discuss with one of my book clubs. It was better the second reading.
3. Middlesex by Jeffery Eugenides. The choice of my other book club. Wonderful writing. Themes include immigrants, gender, assimilation, so much more.
4. Sweet Judy Blue Eyes: My Life in Music by Judy Collins. Lots of sex, alcohol and more sex.
5. America and Vietnam: The Elephant and the Tiger by Albert Marrin. I retrieved this one from the bookshelf for Noach to read but I read it first. Good review. I was not so familiar with the early history of Vietnam, especially its colonial history. The French were brutal colonial masters. PRM