Friday, September 26, 2008

Friday Fun, Week 1

It has been a bit rushed today and maybe not as fun as I hoped. We started the day by shopping for Rosh Hashanah clothes. Someone has grown a bit taller since last year. Some one has grown wider. No names will be mentioned.

Noach is going on a scout camping trip later today so we had to pack for that. Poetry Friday was brief as a result. He did find a poem which he shared. He is a great fan of Poetry Friday and will keep me on task if I just write it down on the weekly planner.

The best new thing today was the Think! challenge. I stumbled on this last week in my blog wanderings. Noach took the challenge and made this He raised the apple 6 inches above the table and it stayed there for about 3 minutes before falling. He only used a little pinch of the marshmallows, three straws, three toothpicks, three bottle caps, and the apple.

We had fun with this and will be adding it to our Friday Fun activities. PRM

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know why, but I looked at this pic and thought it was a pumpkin! Must have October on the brain.

Ruskin said...

This is a great idea for a Friday! I am very impressed with your son's solution.

Ruth in NC said...

Welcome back to the blog world, Lorna. I missed you.PRM