Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Reading Challenges for 2009 - Part I

First, I plan to take the Jewish Literature Challenge. The rules are as follows -
What: Reading at least 4 books by Jewish Authors or about Judaism

When: December 21, 2008 (Beginning of Hanukkah) to April 27, 2009 (End of Passover)

My tentative list includes
1. The Zookeeper's Wife: A War Story by Diane Ackerman - This one has been on my wish list at paperbackswap.com for months. Finally I checked it out at the library Saturday and have started reading it already.

2. O Jerusalem! by Larry Collins and Dominique Lapierre - This one has been on my TBR shelf for awhile. Time to get it down and read it.

3. Four Mothers by Shifra Horn - I stole this title from someone else's list. The library had it and it looks good.

4. My Father's Paradise: A Son's Search for His Jewish Past in Kurdish Iraq by Ariel Sabar PRM

1 comment:

Ruskin said...

I would love to read your reaction to My Father's Paradise: A Son's Search for His Jewish Past in Kurdish Iraq by Ariel Sabar. My friend is a Turkish Kurd and I love hearing stories about her life in the mountains of Kurdistan(before she had to leave and flee to Istanbul with her family).

I hope your reading goes well.