Monday, December 29, 2008

Triple 8 Reading Challenge - Wrap Up

Last January I decided to take the Triple 8 Reading Challenge, to read 8 books in 8 categories in 2008. That would mean reading 64 books. Or at least 56, since up to 8 can qualify for 2 different categories.

I read 52*. I didn't actually meet the challenge. But I still think that is quite an accomplishment. And I didn't include any books that I read to or with Noach.

The reading challenge had the desired effect, though. I kept reading. I found the categories restrictive, but in truth, I got around that by eventually having categories that allowed me to read whatever I wanted to. I think that was a bit unfair and I am not proud of it, but frankly, it worked for me. And I met MY goal which was to read more.

What was my favorite? Foreign Correspondent by Geraldine Brooks







Which did I think I would never finish but couldn't quit either? Madame Secretary by Madeline Albright






What YA book should every teen read? The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian by Shermie Alexie. This book is a close second to my favorite. I loved this book.





Highly recommended? Purple Hibiscus, Does my Head Look Big in This?, Bel Canto. I could go on.
Next - plan for 2009. PRM
* oops, corrected count, that I hope is right now. And what the hell is wrong with the font at the end of this post?

No comments: