Friday, March 14, 2008

Happy Birthday to me

Sometimes you know before you start that you just shouldn't read that blog post. Similar to the knowledge that you just shouldn't EAT that cake. And equally ineffective. The title alone was a warning, Book Shopping, at Farm School.

Well, birthdays were mentioned in the intro. It's beshert. It is MY birthday. And Bookcloseouts. I could avoid Amazon, ca and Chapters but not Bookcloseouts. I have a discount coupon from my order last month, the one where I ordered our next choice for everyone else in the local book club and forgot to order a copy for myself. Now I am reading a library copy, which is undeniably cheaper. But, surely, I cannot let that coupon expire unused.

Let Me Finish by Roger Angell. The library doesn't have a copy, I've already looked. I read an excerpt several months ago and wanted to read more.

Cooking in a can. Perfect as a gift for the Cub Scout, crossing-over to Boy Scout, who also wants to be a chef. In fact the only thing about campouts that appeal to him is the cooking. And maybe eating.

The coupon only applies if the total amounts to $35, so further searching is necessary.

Science Experiments You Can Eat by Vicki Cobb. More cooking. And I enjoyed her blog post at this site, Interesting Nonfiction for Kids.

Israeli history for Noach, A Promise Fulfilled and Israel: The Founding of a Modern Nation.

Walking the Bible for children and the last copy for adults for myself. I read part of this when we were in Israel and would like to finish it. I am always picking it up at the local Barnes and Noble when it is on the Buy 4 for the price of 3 shelf. Usually I can only find 3 I want on that shelf.

Tamar by Mal Peet. I saw this mentioned on the February reading list by Sherry at Semicolon and checked it out on Amazon. Sounded like it would fit in my Young Adult category of the 888 Reading Challenge. And not found in the local library.

So, yesterday, it was Happy Birthday to me. You can never have too many books. Actually you can. I may be proof. PRM

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to you! Nothing like a friend to help you spend your money :)